Sunday, October 9, 2011

August Goodie Bag: I'm Drowning In New Music Once Again: Welcomes Myself Back to the Fold and Gives You Presents


Just "liked" Occupy Chicago because I believe in "Down with male, white, corporate oppression!" or something like that.  If you like this music, thank me by doing your part too.  There are chapters in most bigger American cities: Detroit, San Francisco, NYC (Get there, Meg.  Don't blow it!!):)  It's happening all across the country.  Scarcely covered in any honest fashion by the media (as usual), but we all know it's there and it's kickin'.  I can feel the energy, can you?

If anyone missed me or was wondering why I've been quiet for a couple months, I've been doing a lot of thinking, at work mostly because I've been working a lot.  I now realize this blog must be maintained and I apologize for the lapse on my part.  Expect more updates soon, soon, soon.  Chugga'.  Chugga'.  Choo.  Choo.  Thank you all (Caitlin) for remembering me.  Mind over matter, resolve, result!

"Life has meaning only in the struggle.  Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods.  So let us celebrate the struggle!"-  Swami Sivananda ***I will sing this for you if you ask.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::!!!Goodie Bag!!!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In memorium: August 2011- What a shitty month!  Thank geezus for this music which got me through.  Because I meant to post this as three separate entries in August, a task at which I utterly failed, I am posting it all simultaneously as one single goodie bag style d/l.  All of this is compliments of curator of the month, Shelbsteve, the most honest and best person I know:)  

This is us having a grand time in a taxi.  10/6.

The Flaming Lips and Lightning Bolt:  This EP is a grandiose revelation.  It is huge.  It also contains the best Flaming Lips song put to wax since Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.  For all you fair-weather fans (I must regrettably count myself as such), they still got it.

The Flaming Lips and Prefuse 73:  This EP is a totally sleepy but in the guise of pretending to be energetic fuzz box foray into a bunch of stuff that we've all pretty much heard before.  It sounds almost exactly like that sentence.  For real.  It's not bad, it's just that Lightning Bolt is way better.  Is anyone surprised?    

Also, compliments of the mighty Shelbsteve...

Pink Noise - Birdland:  From Canada via excellent art-heavy Brooklyn label, Sacred Bones.  This shit is classy in a nonchalant way and holds true to exactly what this label stands for: making music for mind expansion ONLY and not giving a fuck about the money.  Rep is king.  Will make you feel as if your brain is a roasted nug drenched in Windex.

Get it all here: August Goodie Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment