Friday, November 12, 2010

WHISKER MUSIC

Whisker Music is:


Anthony Ferretti - guitars and sings good
Lena Rush – bass and sings good
Colin Campbell – drums and does everything good

Save More Lounge 7/31/10:::::: Cole’s 10/23/10:::::: The Whistler 11/2/10::::::

        
Three times.  That’s how many times I’ve seen a guy bend a string like that.  Granted I love guitar music and yes, I know them, but sheesh, that guy can really bend a string.  They were definitely better than the other bands at Save More.  At Cole’s, there was a Tom Waits-y gypsy-type group that played before them.  I swear I recognized the lead, a white-haired forty something.  Lena said he was a family friend.  The Whistler.  It was Colin’s birthday.  Who knew?

Before I go any further, let me explain…  Anthony and Lena are the luckiest couple in the world.  Not only do they get to date the other nicest person ever but they get to play music with them too.  Could you imagine?  They know each other, like really know each other and you can hear it.  Lena’s bass playing and vocals are a perfect compliment to Anthony’s effortless Jeff Tweedy-but-better vocals and guitar work.  Actually, Tweedy should be paying Whisker Music to write their new material.  Colin's drumming, while not featured on this EP is spectacular, tight and efficient – almost orchestral.  Whisker Music is truly a paradigm of the traditional Chicago rock sound and few bands have reached the level they seem to so naturally coalesce and stretch out on.

I love this band and I’m going to see them again tonight at the Hideout.  Here is their EP.  I hope you like it.

Whisker Music EP
http://www.mediafire.com/?d7idkrfn53kktrl

 


            

No comments:

Post a Comment